Saturday, December 13, 2008

Fishing With The Girls

Fishing is something that I have never been interested in. Growing up, fishing was not my thing. No matter how much I tried, I was unable to catch fish. I even failed to catch fish at a fish farm (to this day I do not know how that is possible). With that being said, the girls here adore fishing. They enjoy the entire process - from sticking the worm into the hook to snagging a delectable fish. I have actually gotten into fishing with them (Casey is also a die-hard, catches everything, fishing kind of guy). Here are some photos of us going fishing with the girls in a river (one of many tributaries to the Amazon) 2 minutes from where we live.

I was actually able to catch a fish. I should stop at that sentence, but I wont. My fish was a catfish...grrr... and a baby at that. The smart thing ate through 3 of my worms before I was able to snag it. It was my only one of the day. You can actually use these as bates for larger fish (which I tried), like piranhas, however something ate my poor little fish before I could snag anything.


You can also see how the sunsets here can be breathtaking.
I have actually found fishing to be quite relaxing, and although it is still not my ¨cup of tea¨, it is a wonderful chance to spend time hanging out with the girls and doing something that they enjoy. Casey´s parents just brought down some more loors and fishing items (I am not fisherman savvy), so hopefully these will make my fishing life easier...

No comments: