Friday, March 27, 2009

Childrens Story and Angel Patrol

When you hear parents talk about, “Oh, my four year old gets into everything,” you really don’t understand until you have a four year old of your own. With that being said, Angel is an amazing kid. He has the uncanny ability to get into EVERYTHING –he is 4 years old. When it comes to discipline, his biggest problem is that he is cute. When it comes to church, he loves going to children’s story, but whenever he goes, he tends to play with the vase, pull on the microphone cord, walk around the stage where the elders are sitting, etc…. I decided to sit with him this last Sabbath, and it turned into somewhat of a comical spectacle. Apparently sitting with you kid during children’s story is slightly different than in the States (I should have gotten the hint when I saw no adult upfront). As I made my way to the stage, everyone wouldn’t stop snickering. As the story progressed, the lady telling the story would not stop giving me funny looks. Despite everything, Angel was able to sit and enjoy the children’s story without leaving his seat. I did not exactly fit in upfront (both in size and presence) but learned that children’s story is really for children.
Here is a photo of me trying to fit into the crowd…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Which one are you? _Brent