Sunday, September 12, 2010

Jessica, our new volunteer!


Jessica Ewing came to POPPYS House late August (a few weeks ago), as a student missionary through Southern Adventist University and as Kathi Jensen’s friend. We are so excited to have her here. She is going to learn a lot of Spanish in her time here, especially since there are now very few of us volunteers out here now (anyone interested?). It is so wonderful to have her help out here. She came very unexpectedly, at least, for Aaron and me, but it has been a good surprise.

She’s a hard worker and has been learning the ropes of our life here at POPPYS. We look forward to our last six weeks here with her. The Jensen family will be back in a few days, so we will have to get some final training in for our incredible group of volunteers. We can’t believe our time is almost up! It has gone by fast!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I so appreciated reading this regarding Jessica. She is a very special girl. Since I am a grandma I have a very biased opinion. I'm sure her experience there will be a great one. Grandma Doris

madre said...

Awesome! Blessings in your time and service there Jessica! Glad you're able to work with the girls and have time with Aaron & Kelly and their experience there at poppy's house.
Kathi and her family I know will bring additional Blessings to you all! :D I miss everyone there....