Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Protection with the motorcycle


For a while now, my steering wheel lock has been a little loose. It is a bit of a challenge to get a Phillips screw driver down to tighten it, so I haven’t – big mistake. The other day, I was driving, quite fast, trying to catch Kelly in a motorcar. Kelly and Jessica had gone in a motorcar with a gentleman that made me feel nervous –they both felt the same way. At the end of the Santo Tomas road, I slowed down for the traffic light and quickly realized that I could not turn to the right. I slammed on the brakes because my balance was quickly thrown off. I stopped the bike and tried turning the steering wheel to the right, but was unable to (this same feeling has happened about 4 other times). After some jostling around, it finally gave and I had a free range of motion.

After driving slowly and finally arriving at the office, Moses and I quickly found the problem. The screws that held the steering wheel lock in place had come loose and would at random prohibit me from a full range of motion –this is DANGEROUS. Earlier, I had been driving fast and could have easily gotten in a crash. The times that Kelly has been with me, we could have easily crashed. A gentleman helping us said, “Most crashes happen for no apparent reason. Just malfunctions in the bike.” God protected us and continues to from harm.

I really feel that God’s promise that he gave in Jeremiah 29:11 rings true:


‘“For I know the plans I have for you’, declares the Lord, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”’


God has been with us. His blessings, although sometimes hard to notice, are bountiful. Only he knows what our future holds. Only he knows how long we are meant to live. Now comes the hard part of truly trusting and giving our entire life to him and leaving it all up to his discretion.

1 comment:

mom said...

So True!!! Awesome how God knows and answers us before we call. :D We love and serve such a Loving Father in Heaven!!! :D
God Is So Good!
Continued Blessings to you two and the girls.. :D