Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Kelly´s Missing Front Tooth!


June 8 did not start out as planned. It was our anniversary and Kelly woke up at 5 am frantically saying her tooth had disappeared in the night. I responded like a good ‘ole loving husband would at such an hour, “Kelly. Please just go back to bed.” Now is a good time for a side note. Kelly frequently talks in her sleep.

Kelly continued the conversation with, “Seriously, Aaron. I am not joking. My front tooth is missing.” Sadly, I cannot say that I was convinced –it still was really early and I had just been awakened. Finally she turned on the light and I was able to see the whole thing pan out –a slight chuckle was heard. Kelly then proceeded to tell me that when she was in 3rd grade, she chipped her tooth and had to have a filling. Fortunately, that filling lasted 17 years; unfortunately it decided to come out on our anniversary…

Kelly went into the bathroom to look in the mirror and figure out what to do, but she left me with the following instructions, “Aaron. Find my tooth!” My initial reaction was like, “Riiiigggghht.” I said a quick little prayer and without much ado, I was able to locate the rest of her tooth.

The rest of the day was spent running to the dentist and trying to figure out what to do next. Kelly was a great sport about it, but it sure was hard not to laugh when she opened her mouth. We were fortunate to hear about a dental group coming down from Denver, CO. the next week. Kelly was able to get a filling done, and it turned out beautiful. One could never tell the difference with her front tooth. Thank you God for working the problem out for us!


No comments: