Thursday, August 5, 2010

Youth Campout

This last week some of our girls participated in a youth campout for Iquitos through the church. They left on a Tuesday and came back on Sunday. My sister was also able to accompany them for a few days –she came back early due to some food poisoning… I am not exactly sure on the numbers, but I would say close to 150 kids came from all over Iquitos –quite a feat considering there was an $18 entrance fee per person (which is a lot of money down here).

The days started early, 5 am, and then continued on until about 10:30 pm. The girls came back exhausted. They girls seemed to enjoy their time getting to know other Christians around Iquitos as well as feeling a closer connection to God. Here are some photos:

Here is a group shot.
My sister Sarah with Maybeth.

A swim race in the pond.

Some sort of game. No idea, but it looks fun.

Last but not least, the bathrooms. They were just holes in the ground. Sarah could not get over it.
Here, Sarah got to take a photo with a famous christian musical artist named Evelyn (far left).

1 comment:

mom said...

the bathrooms remind me of when I was in Africa and we used the public restrooms which also were .... in a hole! Yep!....
The gathering of youth tho' and the time together looks really FUN! Amidst Sarah's breif few days I'm sure she made a memory!!! :D